Greenhouse Gas Initiative
In 2004, Tenneco committed to:
- Performing annual corporate-wide inventory of energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Reducing our global greenhouse gas emissions/weight of product shipped by 50% from 2008 to 2020.
- Reporting annually on progress toward our reduction goal
- Publicizing our participation, progress and accomplishments.
ISO 14001 Certification
Tenneco prides itself on being ISO 14001 third-party certified to demonstrate its commitment to environmental excellence. We take a proactive approach to continuous environmental improvement through a variety of means including:
- Energy conservation
- Conservation of water and other non-renewable resources
- Air and water pollution prevention
- Effective waste management
Tenneco has a dedicated team responsible for our compliance with Europe's REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals) legislation, which requires companies to register the chemicals employed in manufacturing with the European Chemical Agency (ECHA) and ensure their safe use.
We are committed to providing timely and relevant information about certain aspects of REACH to our customers and suppliers with the goal of ensuring that Tenneco's REACH compliance is as seamless as possible to our customer base.
For more information on Tenneco's REACH program, please contact REACH@tenneco.com.