Foundation of GOETZE® by Friedrich Wilhelm Goetze in Burscheid.
Takeover of a factory plant for the production of seals made of rubber-metal (elastomers).
The first apprenticeship workshop is opened.
Foundation of the Goetze® Works, Friedrich Goetze Friedberg GmbH by the merger of the companies Marquardt (Friedberg, founded 1929) and Goetze® Burscheid AG.
Facility expansion to approximately 19,700 m² through the purchase of Auer premises.
Production of face seals relocated from Burscheid, Germany to Friedberg, Germany.
Takeover by T&N. New company name: AE Goetze
Takeover by Federal-Mogul. New company name: Federal-Mogul Friedberg GmbH.
2007 & 2014
Hall extensions of Friedberg production for face seals.
The Friedberg site is expanded to an area of approximately 90.000 m².
Friedberg site celebrates 85th anniversary. The GOETZE® brand transitions to Federal-Mogul Powertrain, a division of Federal-Mogul.
The GOETZE® brand transitions to Tenneco.
For decades, Friedberg has been a leading manufacturing site for piston rings, cylinder liners and mechanical face seals for use in the automotive and industrial sectors. About 55 percent of the product portfolio comes from the industrial business. This includes GOETZE® Face Seals which are exclusively produced in Friedberg.